Thursday, September 21, 2006

Canadian Catholic Liturgical Calendar

Someone recently asked me whether or not I knew of a Canadian liturgical calendar with hyperlinks to the Sunday and weekday readings. After some digging on the Internet, I concluded that it was not available anywhere online. I therefore decided to create such a calendar. I have now posted a hyperlinked calendar for the the remainder of liturgical year B for Sunday readings and Series II for weekly readings starting on the first of October 2006. I plan on adding all of liturgical year A and Series I for 2006-2007 in the coming weeks.

The Canadian and American liturgical calendars are very similar, but there are the occasional differences. My American friends can therefore consult this calendar and they may find it useful, but they will have to keep in mind those differences.

Access to each monthly calendar can be found at http://www.silk.net/RelEd/canadianliturgical.htm

Please let others know of this tool, especially if they are directors of religious education, pastors, or teachers in Canada. I am certain they will find it useful.

No comments: