The Cloistered Life Web site provides a glimpse of life within the walls of various women's religious communities. The introduction the section on cloistered life in these communities reads as follows:
What is life in a cloistered or monastic community like? How do the members spend the long hours of the day? Is every minute filled with prayer? Spend a few moments within the walls of these women's and men's communities to get a rare glimpse at their hidden lives.
The communities represented on this site are:
- Benedictine Nuns of Westfield, Vermont
- Poor Clare Nuns of Rockford, Illinois
- Cloistered Dominican Nuns of Summit, New Jersey
- Discalced Carmelite Nuns, Traverse City, Michigan
- Visitation Nuns, Toledo, Ohio