Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Giraffe Heroes Project


http://www.giraffe.org
Giraffe Heroes are people who stick their necks out for the common good. The nonprofit Giraffe Heroes Project tells their stories on podiums, in materials for schools and in the media. Giraffe Heroes are models for the rest of us.
This is neither a Catholic nor even a Christian project per se, but it certainly is very compatible with Christian evangelical values and Catholic social justice principles. A commendable project indeed!
The basic cooking recipe in my kitchen is ‘What have you got?’ That’s what you make a meal from. When I was looking for my path I asked myself that question, and I realized I had communication skills. I started looking at the best way to use my gifts. Everybody has something. You could be the best talker around, you might have an enormous ability with your hands, you may be able to fix anything. You need to look at every gift you’ve got and ask, ‘How can I use that to serve?
Ann Medlock, founder of the Girafe Heroes Project

No comments: