Church leaders and scripture scholars are gathering at the Vatican Oct. 5-26 for the world Synod of Bishops on the Bible. Convened by Pope Benedict XVI, the synod will focus on the word of God in the life and mission of the church and how to promote greater access to the Old and New Testament in the lives of Catholics.
Some of the articles are written by Archbishop Donald Wuerl of Washington, D.C.:
- Archbishop: Synod looks at Scripture proclaimed at liturgy (Oct. 21, 2008)
- Archbishop: Word of God at very heart of Church’s mission (Oct. 17, 2008)
- Archbishop: Synod hall more chapel than classroom (Oct. 14, 2008)
- Archbishop: Variety of opinions at synod, all united in faith (Oct. 10, 2008)
- Synod of Bishops: What is it and why have one? (Oct. 07, 2008)