Friday, May 01, 2009

May Your Blessing Be Upon Them

May Your Blessing Be Upon Them is a hauntingly beautiful and prayerful song composed and sung by Sheila Hamil. She writes about this song:

"Initially this song was written for my daughter Sarah, who was working at the time, in India. She was only 18 years old. I didn't know quite what to pray, so in my mind I would take her for an' imaginary' walk through Psalm 23 and offer her up to God.. Why not as you listen to this song, pray for someone you're concerned about?"

What a wonderful and meaningful prayer it would make for a catechist or a teacher praying for his or her students!

For other songs and lyrics by Sheila Hamil see my previous post: Sheila Hamil's Music

1 comment:

Patricia said...

I think God is the Music's God and all of people who sings their creations are blessed. we always have a chance to give class with songs based on Bible and see a good result of it. I loved this song Sheila , Congratulations and God bless you.
Patricia