- Lectio: Reading the text with a listening ear and interpreting the text with an attentive mind.
- Meditatio: Reflecting on the message of the text and its meaning for today.
- Oratio and Contemplatio: Praying from the heart which flows from reading and reflecting on the text.
- Collatio: Conversing about the Bible and forming a community of faith.
- Operatio: Witnessing to God's word in the context of daily life and making a difference in the world.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
This Web page outlines the following elements of Lectio Divina: