Friday, June 10, 2011

Vow of Silence - A Bit of Humor

One night a little boy's parents overheard this prayer...
"Now I lay me down to rest, and hope to pass tomorrow's test, if I should die before I wake, that's one less test I have to take."
_____________

A man decided to join a very small and very selective order of monks. The order was so devoted to prayer they were only allowed to say 2 words every year.

After the first year passed, he went into a small room where he was given the chance to say his two words to the head monk. His two words were "Too cold." The head monk nodded and gave him an extra blanket.

The next year passed and he was once again taken into the small room. This time his 2 words were "Bland food." Again the head monk nodded and gave him a box of salt.

When the next year had passed they took him back into the small room, and his 2 words were "I quit."

"Fine!" exclaimed the exasperated head monk, "All you've done since you got here is complain anyway."

No comments: