Articles for CATECHIST Magazine - February 2012
- The Wisdom of Proverbs by Jean Grant
Help your students understand the wisdom of the Book of Proverbs with this prayer service.
- Complete-A-Project Bible Search: Faith Shows in Good Works by Alice Pfeifer, CSA
This Complete-A-Project Bible Search activity is for teacher and students (grades 4-6) working together.
- Learning by Heart: Love Is … by Judith Costello
This teaching tool uses visual clues to trigger memorization. Presented as a puzzle, it is a unique way to remember key elements of our faith, including prayers, Scripture, facts on Catholic teachings and traditions.
- Spirituality and World Religions by Sr. Judith Martin, SSJ, PhD
- Advice from Master Catechists—February 2012 by Dan Thomas, Kate Ristow, Chris Weber, and Sr. Janet Schaeffler
How can our class fast together during Lent? How is having students pray at home as part of a lesson on prayer a good idea, a bad idea?
- Almsgiving Pockets by Judith Costello
Of the three traditional ways to prepare our hearts and purify our souls during Lent—praying, fasting, and almsgiving—almsgiving may need special prompting and explanation.
- Inspiration for February by Mary McEntee McGill
As I was looking through a book of the saints hoping to find someone interesting who might inspire me through the long and dark days of February, I came upon a special saint—a person of charity, leadership, and courage.
- Finding Our Way by Marlene Sweeney
During winter, DREs might face more than cancelled classes due to weather.
- Craft Clip: Plastic Tubs by Jeanne Heiberg
Thoroughly wash all plastic tubs and then have fun making useful items
- Celebrating Saint Scholastica by Patricia Mathson
Dedicated to God Feast Day: February 10
- A Lenten Scripture Echo by Sandi Belleque
Use this Scripture Echo from Matthew 6:1-8, 16-18 to teach students what Jesus says about giving alms, praying, and fasting.
- Beyond Service Projects: Cultivating the Call to Care by Kate Ristow
- Lenten Practicesby Jean Larking
A Family Together - February 2012
- Walking With Jesus in Lent by Jeanne Heiberg