- Advice from Master Catechists—March 2011 by Kate Ristow, Dan Thomas, Chris Weber, and Sister Janet Schaeffler - Can you give us pointers on how best to merge our religious education programs? How can I find renewed enthusiasm for my ministry?
- Advice from Master Catechists—January 2011 by Kate Ristow, Dan Thomas, Chris Weber, and Sister Janet Schaeffler - What are the pros and cons of students meeting in catechists' homes? Should I make a change near the end of the year?
- Advice from Master Catechists—November/December 2010 - by Dan Thomas, Kate Ristow, Janet Schaeffler, Chris Weber - Could you suggest some holiday movies? What should I emphasize when teaching about sin?
- Advice from Master Catechists—September 2010 by Kate Ristow, Dan Thomas, Chris Weber, and Sister Janet Schaeffler - How can I be less resistant to our new text? What's a quick-and-easy review for the beginning of the learning year?
- Advice from Master Catechists - February 2010 by Sr. Janet Schaeffler, OP, Kate Ristow, Chris Weber, Dan Thomas - Are there problems with a child from another denomination attending our RE classes? Can we pray for the soldiers of our enemies?
- Advice from Master Catechists by Dan Thomas, Kate Ristow, Janet Schaeffler, Chris Weber - "What can I say to the parent whose child does not want to come to class? What should I know about indulgences? What should my seventh-graders know?"
- Advice from Master Catechists—November/December 2009 by Sr. Janet Schaeffler, OP, Kate Ristow, Chris Weber, Dan Thomas - Q: What can be done about a student who does not return activity sheets? Q: How can I educate myself about Scripture?
- Advice from Master Catechists—October 2009 by Dan Thomas, Kate Ristow, Janet Schaeffler, OP, Chris Weber - "What should a catechist always have ready for a substitute? AND What should I know about the attention span of my learners?"
- Be an Evangelizing Catechist! by Tom Quinlan - As a catechist, you share the Good News of Christ with others.
- Nurturing Catechists by Marlene Sweeney - How do we encourage all our catechists to grow into people who are eager to learn more about their faith, grow in their commitment, and deepen their own prayer life?
- 6 Principles for Managing Successful Faith Formation Sessions by Daniel Abben - "Why? What did I do wrong?" asked James as I, a frustrated new catechist, banished him to the hall for bad behavior.
- Growing as a Catechist Self Evaluation, document posted on Joe Paprocki's blog Catechist's Journey
- Leadership skills for catechists by Wanda and Gerard Scheuermann, Ministry & Liturgy, October 1999. - What qualities and skills are needed by those involved in the church’s ongoing catechetical process? Some are innate, and some can be learned and developed.
Friday, October 19, 2012
Advice from Master Catechists
Here are a number of articles published in past issues of Catechist Magazine and other online sources: