Saturday, November 13, 2010

Giving Thanks for Online Resources II

Yesterday I listed some of the blogs I visit often. There are also Web sites which are familiar territories to me and where I constantly go to find information and resources for myself and for others:

americancatholic.org -  I return to this site at least once a month when I am looking for articles and resources for the Catholic Faith Education Newsletter site published by the Franciscans and St.Anthony Messenger Press. There I am always certain to find resources on all things pertaining to our faith: seasonal features on the liturgical year, feast days and special days; resources on each of the sacraments; news around the world on specific thematics; biographies of saints; sections to help with daily prayer and meditation; articles to help deepen ones understanding of all aspects of the faith.

The Text This Week created and maintained by Jenee Woodward has been invaluable to me over the year in compiling resources on the Sunday Gospel readings (see Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John). Jenee's  site "features a wide variety of resources for study and liturgy based on the 3-year Revised Common Lectionary cycle".  Her sources are not restricted to any particular theological/ideological position and includes resources from various denominational perspectives. "The purpose of this website is to provide links to resources for study, reflection and liturgy which correspond to the RCL readings you may be using for study, teaching & preaching."

The Catechist Magazine Web site is also a monthly destination for me. I am always eager to discover in each new issue articles providing advice to catechists, craft ideas, prayer services, reflections on aspects of the faith, explorations into the use of new technologies in teaching the faith... I never fail to share these with the readers of my monthly newsletter


To all those involved in providing so many wonderful resources on these Web sites I say thank you and pray for Gods blessing on you and all the work you do. "Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. " 1 Corinthians 1:3  

No comments: