Friday, November 12, 2010

Giving Thanks for Online Resources

There are a number of blogs that I return to constantly for my own use or to discover new resources to share with you on this blog or in my Catholic Faith Education Newsletter.  I would like to acknowledge my indebtedness and my gratitude to a few of the owners of these online sources of information or teaching ideas.

Joe Paprocki for his wonderful blog Catechist's Journey in which he has posted hundreds of articles on catechetical issues and topics, lesson plans and evaluations, teaching skills, understanding kids, and useful resources. Joe is also willing to share his personal experiences, frustrations, and small victories as a catechist - I am sure many catechists can identify with what he writes and find in what he shares both inspiration and solace when needed.


Jared Dees who created his blog, The Religion Teacher, in March of 2009 "to provide teachers with the resources, tips, strategies and tools to become excellent religious educators". He has been posting regularly since then and his blog is now a veritable cornucopia of resources, ideas for activities, tips on teaching strategies, and lesson plans.

Luca Paolini whose blog Religione 2.0 is in Italian, but he often links to English language Websites. Luca posts articles on all religions of the world, but often does so on specifically Catholic resources. I have often discovered marvelous little gems through his blog.

To these generous people I say thank you and I pray that God will continue to support you in your online ministries:

The LORD bless you
   and keep you;
the LORD make his face shine on you
   and be gracious to you;
the LORD turn his face toward you
   and give you peace.

              Numbers 6.24-26

2 comments:

Jared Dees said...

Thank you! Your hard work has been the cornerstone of online resources for religious educators for years. I'm indebted to you as well as Joe for leading the way in providing online resources to religious educators.

Luca said...

Thanks Gilles, your blog and your work is really valuable. Are
glad to have friends like you all over the world.
Luca (Religione 2.0)